Reporting Student Absences Due to Illness
When should your child stay home or attend school when they have symptoms of an illness.
Please keep your student home if;
- Student is not feeling well enough to fully participate in daily class routines due to common cold symptoms.
- Student has had a fever of 100 degrees or more. The student should stay home for 24 hours after the temperature returns to normal without fever reducing medication such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
- Student has vomited or has/had diarrhea. The student will need to stay home until 24 hours after the last episode without the use of medication.
- Student has had any rash that may be disease-related or the cause is unknown.
- Student has a contagious condition like chicken pox, strep throat, etc. The student will need to remain home until 24 hours after first dose of medication and/or with a return to school clearance note from a physician.
(Agamim follows guidelines from the MN Health Department for reporting contagious illnesses, please let the school know if your child has a contagious illness).
Please send your required immunization and health forms to the school. We need these important records as soon as possible to prepare our staff and equip our health office to meet your child’s needs on day one of school.
- Students legally cannot start school unless they’ve submitted their records and are current on immunizations or have submitted the appropriate exception form.
Forms can be:
Faxed to us at 952-856-2728 (Attn: Health Office),
Emailed to email@example.com,
Mailed/dropped off at Agamim Classical Academy, Attn: Health Office, 5300 France Avenue South, Edina, MN 55410.
- If you will be bringing any medication to the school to be administered by either school or child
- A document to track your child’s vaccines or process an exemption
- A helpful document from the Minnesota Department of Health to determine the required vaccines for your child